If the site does not load correctly, please clear your cache by pressing CTRL+F5! Ok slight issue with the update here today. Looks like I messed up some things and accidentally reset some cache so now all threads are unread again on the forums. Sorry everyone! I goofed. That aside we have some neat new things going on in this update: - New ban system. Bans can be set to expire now and a reason will be given to those unfortunate enough to receive one - Tweaked profile layout with more focus on uploads and favorites - New minimum resolution: 1280x800 (old uploads will not be deleted) - New bugs - Bug fixes Sorry again for messing up the read status on the forums. Hopefully that's the only thing that got messed up! Let us know if you run into any issues or have any feedback on the latest update here! Also, welcome all 4walled users! We hope you guys can find us an acceptable replacement! RIP 4walled Added 2017-05-13 03:38:50 Oh and we had to clear out the Cloudflare Cache again, so the site might be a bit slow for the next few hours or day while it rebuilds.
Posts: 18 · Views: 685
- Thanks !
- what 4walled was and what happened to it?
- I think it might look better if you moved User Information to the left column above User Description. Might I also suggest giving users the option to disable comments on their profile? Makes for a cleaner looking profile page.
- Thanks, the site looks awesome :)
- @dwemer said:
what 4walled was and what happened to it?You can read about what happened over there here defurious, we probably won't have the option to disable comments, but I'm not opposed to allowing more customization on the profiles. Sorry for the last bit of downtime here today everyone. Forgot we needed to reindex everything to get the tags listing working again. We should be all set now!
- I am very sad to learn that 4walled died but hopefully this site can do just as good a job at giving us wallpapers. I also miss the "2x1680x1050" resolution from 4walled, or 3360x1050 if you will.
- I think 'User Menu' when you hover over your nickname in the top right is not necessary. I mean of course it's your user menu, what else could it be?
- @dwemer said:
I think 'User Menu' when you hover over your nickname in the top right is not necessary. I mean of course it's your user menu, what else could it be?Adds padding and nicely spaces it without coming across as pointless.
- 404011xz What's that? :]
- New minimum resolution: 1280x800Why not 16:9 (1280x720)? Won't this lead to people unnecessarily upscaling the original 1280x720 walls to something like 1440x810 just to hit the minimum res...? Edit: Just realised it's 16:10, is it really that much more popular?
- swift502 said:
is it really that much more popular?Yes (take these numbers with a grain of salt, it's extremely difficult to accumulate accurate stats!). I believe a few years back 1280x800 (16:10) was actually the most common resolution overall. Meanwhile today 1366x768 (16:9) is still very common even amongst new laptops. However most people who frequent our site tend to have larger monitors. If we consider our average user it's to be expected that wallpapers matching any of these small resolutions will be essentially useless, which can be frustrating. It's difficult to decide on an acceptable minimum but we've made a step upward from 1024x768 which is definitely the right direction.
- Gandalf I guess it's a good thing. Ultimately it seems like a prevention from people being lazy to find the original of the wallpaper, rather than the original being too small.