It blows my mind to think that four years have already past since we first started this site. Whether you've been with us the entire time, a few years, or have just joined us recently I want to express my gratitude; Thanks for sticking with us all this time! 💖 As a part of my thanks, I bring you all a nice update today! Included are a few highly requested features that we finally got around to. I hope you enjoy! - Search by color!! - 👀 Emoji support 😁 - Exact tag searching No more anime getting in your animals or vice versa. Click either search link on a tag's page, or enter id:<tag ID> in the search. - New Tags page with improved sorting and searching (individual categories can be sorted and searched) Users can also search for tags created by a user . Search by:<username> - Tags listing will now also be updated correctly (counts won't be out of date) - Fixed pages not loading correctly if reopening a closed tab - Updated our upload rules and implemented a limit of 50 uploads per day Highlights to the rule changes are: No more than 5 images from the same set. Clarified what we define as sexual interaction. All users will need to accept the new rules before uploading - Boring backend changes Thanks again everyone, let us know what you think!
Posts: 45 · Views: 4030
- Just Great!
- I've been with you since 3 years back. I came from wallbase under another nickname. I think the new rule with maximum 5 images from same set is going to be great. There are far too many porn images from same set, they are usually not that different also. Color search is a cool feature, I will try that out more in the future. Keep up your awesome work! Regards,
- All of my 3 years here have been lovely, thanks to everyone working at Wallhaven!
- Really appreciate your work. Thanks!
- Search by color, nice!
- Great work guys. Wow 4 years! I hope emoji support isn't included for tags, I think that might look terrible.🤔 🐱🏍
- AksumkA said:
Updated our upload rules and implemented a limit of 50 uploads per day Highlights to the rule changes are: No more than 5 images from the same set. Clarified what we define as sexual interaction. All users will need to accept the new rules before uploadingI'm quite sure that the quality of the uploads will increase considerably. THX!
- Great ! HBD WallHaven (and may Wallbase always belong in our hearts) !
- Great work guys! ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) All changes goes to the right direction in my opinion. I wonder is the site functionality does not allow to process it to beta at this point? Or there's not going to be one, just big jump to final? ;) I guess that doesn't really matter as long as it's awesome. (⌐ ͡■ ͜ʖ ͡■)
- Cryzeen said:
I wonder is the site functionality does not allow to process it to beta at this point? Or there's not going to be one, just big jump to final?In my opinion, as a SAAS software developer, this website is more than ready for an official "1.0 release", there will always be improvements and bug fixes but from the user point of view it is stable and mature enough. It just lacks a decent JSON API :-)
- shadomare said:
Cryzeen said:I have literally no idea about coding. But I trust your competent opinion which correlate with my feeling. But like I said those are just labels, maybe it's meaningful for someone form the side but for regular users it doesn't really matter :)
I wonder is the site functionality does not allow to process it to beta at this point? Or there's not going to be one, just big jump to final?In my opinion, as a SAAS software developer, this website is more than ready for an official "1.0 release", there will always be improvements and bug fixes but from the user point of view is stable and mature enough. It just lacks a decent JSON API :-)
- Cryzeen and shadomare Yeah, we're very close to ending alpha now. There will be a few "big" changes that will be breaking for a lot of 3rd parties, so we're going to try and make sure to have a decent plan to allow a bit of time to react before we just break everything for them. I'm hoping we'll have some form of an API by then as well. There are over 100 repos on github that I'm sure would love to not have to scrape our HTML 😉
- This is looking great, especially searching by colour! Thanks a lot :) Personally I used even Wallbase every once in a while (I remember being really confused why it suddenly just vanished), but became a bit more active here just in recent months (as is probably hard not to notice lol). Great to see it keeps growing and getting even better.
- >search by color I've been waiting for this since forever! Thanks :)
- Sexy update. <3
- !!! Just say again: F****n Great! !!!
- Thanks for making such a great website, honestly, the best wallpaper website out there.
- Please do NEVER ever remove the uploading limit!!!
- New rules Related to this topic, it seems very good to me that they want to eradicate pornography a bit because they have shown a lot on the site. I agree with the limit of sets of 15 to only 5, which I do not agree with is that it seems very little the limit of images to upload 50 per day, there are many active users as in my case, that for almost 3 years I have devoted a lot to this site that I love and there are many users that I appreciate a lot and that upload very good images beyond the problems that I have had with some of them. But if it seems a bit unfair 50 images per day because if it affects me and others too, maybe not other users, but I would like you to meditate a little more about increasing the quota 50 images per day.
- Thanks for all the hard work!!
- Why do you insist being in alpha phase? This site is working like a charm and has been for a long time and should not be in alpha nor beta. It's good enough as it is and adding new content isn't sending you back to alpha.
- Love the new features. ❤️ And I do have some feedback/suggestions... 1. First off, emoji picker would be nice to have in the reply toolbar. It would make them a lot more accessible. About the "search by color" button, although you're most probably aware of these: 2. Border radius only applies on hover. This goes for all of the buttons, although I never noticed it until now 3. With bright colors it's hard to read the text, it'd be cool to implement a white/black text color based on the chosen bg color 4. Something about this red makes it really uncomfortable to look at, since it's so similar to the background color. Maybe an outline of some sort to make dark colors pop out of the background or something. 5. This happens when I filter by #181818 6. Also, when filtering a tag search by color, the title says "12 wallpapers found for "color" ". I'd much rather see the tag I'm searching for, rather than the color. 7. A proper feature to filter by custom color would be nice, especially since you've decided to display the hex code which is being searched, but the only way to change it is through the URL. 8. Color tolerance slider (diviation by x %) would be nice. But I don't know if that's possible with how the color search works... 9. Can't turn off the color filter (except for URL manipulation) 10. Exact tag searching is really cool, but having id everywhere doesn't look great. You don't even know what you're searching for now, it just displays ids. I'd love to see what I'm actually searching for. Sorry if I missed or didn't understand something. But these are just some things I'd love to see improved.